RE: Calaveras Internet Detected Potential Virus

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil@caltel.com>, <rdunkley@LOWES.COM>
Subject: RE: Calaveras Internet Detected Potential Virus
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:20:54 -0700 FILETIME=[8713BAE0:01C331D8]
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Doc,  looks like  you may have a virus...
> Take Care

As we've discussed before, it's almost certainly not Doc that has the virus.
Almost every successful virus fakes the sending address, typically using
some message that came from the apparent author.  So, it's likely someone
Doc emails to (perhaps someone on this list), but not Doc himself ... time
for everyone to update their virus scanners !

I haven't looked recently, but there at least used to be free virus scanning
programs available.  If the cost is what's keeping someone from using one,
they should probably check out one of the free versions.  Not as good or as
slick as the paid variety, but a whole lot better than nothing!

Randall