RE: Petrolhead kids!

To: "'William Davies'" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, "'Spitfires Autox. Team. Net \(E-mail\)'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Petrolhead kids!
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:37:08 -0400
Bill,

My (now) 6 year old, Cassie, helped me when I put together the TR3a in 2001.
She knows where the spark plugs are, the carbs, the starter, and the
battery.  Almost has the concept of the pedals and stick shift understood as
well.

My eldest (12) didn't think it was "cool" for her to be helping Dad on the
car.  In addition, we take the kids to the cruise nights and shows and they
have fun as well.  It will keep this hobby alive if the kids are involved.
It has been said many times on this list that the kids like the LBC's cause
they are more their size :-)

Good going Bill, keep it up.....

David Templeton
'59 Triumph TR3a