Re: No LBC, modest rant

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No LBC, modest rant
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:28:25 -0400
On 13 Jul 2003 at 22:45, Blake Discher wrote:

> Perhaps someone can enlighten us on the history of both again.

I was one of the early SOL members back around '89, and the second
manager of the SOL email list.  (Then I disappeared for too a long
time.)  I'm not sure of the origins of "fluif"; I don't think we used
it back then.  However it seems to be a rather obvious mispelllling
of fluid when the left-hand index finger hits the 'f' instead of the
'd', no?  As for gauge, I've been known to spell it incorrectly
unintentionally because "guarantee" is spelled "ua" so gauge must be
that way too!  After all, "i before e except after c" or something.

What I'd really like to know is who of the original SOL members
(perhaps Roger Garnett?) first referred to the SOL list founder Dale
Cook as "Dale Cook, Ovr Fovnder".  TerriAnn, do you remember?  Uncle
mjb?  Anyone?

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com