RE: generator bracket noise

To: "joe maher" <jmaher0343@bresnan.net>
Subject: RE: generator bracket noise
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:24:03 -0700 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h6R0QWdL013136
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I found the problem!  There is no rear mounting bolt.  The moss
> and victoria
> calalogs only give a part number.  Does anyone have any idea what
> size bolt
> it is so that I can run to Home Depot and get one with making many trips?

A quick peek at the TR 2/3 Spare Parts Catalogue (also a recommended resource)
shows that it had a Standard-Triumph part number, 113094, meaning there was
something special about it.  (Common hardware has a different numbering scheme,
that encodes the type, size, etc.)  However, an ordinary 5/16" bolt should do
for the moment.  Get one that is long enough to have a bit of plain shank on
it, 1/4" to 3/8" long, so the soft aluminum end frame does not touch the
threaded portion of the bolt.  Since Home Depot won't have a Nyloc nut to fit
it, be sure to get a plain nut, lockwasher and flat washer.

Randall