Re: numbers help

To: "Bill" <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Subject: Re: numbers help
From: "joe maher" <jmaher0343@bresnan.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:59:44 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bill,
  Thanks.  Your and Randall's info helps alot.  It does have the two piece
shaft and it does have the slope.  It was also listed as a 1960 on the
title, but after showing motor vehicles the production runs, it was
corrected to 1959.  It does have the L, but not the O.
  Here is my multi year plan, please let me know if I am doing anything
wrong.  The car needs some work, starting with a new suspension.  It seems
to be all original as all the bushings are pretty much rotted.  It is
currently red, but was originally light blue.  The body needs some work as
in areas the rust was cut out and aluminium was riveted it.  I am going to
replace the front and rear suspension this fall (with the major rebuild kit
from TRF) and update all the brake lines with stainless steel and the water
hoses with the kevlar hoses and if possible put the cross drilled rotors in
front.  In the spring, I hope to convert it to an electronic ignition.  My
goal is to get it mechanically set so that it can be my daily driver during
the summer.  Then next winter I will dissasemble the body, strip it down,
get any new (or used) body parts I need and have them painted BRG.  The
interior is in perfect shape.  The trick is that I am going to have to do
this all on a budget, doing it mostly myself.  The front suspension looks
pretty straight forward and the rear even easier.  Should I be able to do
this myself in my garage, or are the simple, straight forward looks
deceptive?  My goal is not a concourse car, but rather something I can drive
and possibly display at local events.
thanks,
Joe