RE: Phillips screwdriver

To: jimbpps@cox.net, wises@new.rr.com
Subject: RE: Phillips screwdriver
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:29:43 +0000 FILETIME=[6A9D5E80:01C35C16]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Another asside re: Mr. Phillips...

As I rememeber the spot on my local Public Radio station Phillips developed
the Phillips screw to help in mass production situations. It didn't catch on
until Ford, (I think) employed it to speed the assembly of automobiles early
in the last century.

Greg Petrolati

>1. Because Mr. Phillips invented the Phillips screw and driver.
>
>2. The other is either a "straight slot" or "regular" screw driver
>
>3. Don't forget there is also the "PosiDrive" screw and driver, similar but
>not the same as the Phillips and definitely not interchangeable!
>
>To say nothing of Torx, Allen, etc. etc.
>
>Jim Bauder
>'58 TR3
>Scottsdale, AZ

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)