Cam Problem;Final Resolution & Thanks

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cam Problem;Final Resolution & Thanks
From: "Bob Fabie" <RFabie@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:42:30 -0400
Triumph Lists:

BPNW furnished me with a new stock TR6 cam that I requested, new HD lifters,
upper and lower gasket sets and even a new set of bearings - all at no charge.
They  sent a formal letter outlining the results of the tests performed by an
independent company on my damaged lifters and cam. The hardness tests
indicated that both the cam and the lifters were at or above industry standard
index levels for hardness.  No reason was found or reported as to why the
lifters and cam were damaged.

The folks at British Parts Northwest, Leighton and Craig, provided
extraordinary customer service. I am extremely pleased with their
responsiveness and their unconditional willingness to make things right. They
are truly a fine company and I intend to continue giving them much of my
business.

Yesterday, after again painstakingly installing the new hardware, applying an
extra coating of cam lube with an extended foam brush from under the engine
while the sump was out, priming the oil pump and making sure everything was
ready, the car started instantly. It ran perfectly and sounded beautiful
throughout its first 30 minute break in. It drives better than ever. (I have a
gas tank problem that I'll discuss separately).

Thanks for all your support and recommendations throughout this ordeal. I am
especially thankful to Randall Young who provided offline assistance and to
Dick Taylor who spent much time with me on the phone elaborating on Bentleys
system for installing a new cam. The detailed instructions resulted in a
perfectly timed cam (and an engine that runs beautifully).

Thanks again to all.

Bob Fabie
'75 TR6
Fredericksburg, Va