Re: VTR/Summer Party

To: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VTR/Summer Party
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:00:14 -0400
Hey everyone... a bit of a recap from my perspective of VTR.  Our 1968 2000
Mk1 did OK for its first time out since we bought it.  The rain actually
helped.  The car is in need of a respray (this winter's project) due to
oxidization and checking, but in the rain, with the water beading up nicely
on the waxed finish, the paint looked good as new!  Big help.

Thanks to Fred for organizing the Team.Net gathering.  Nice to put names
with faces, but I hoped to see more of you there.  FWIW, I did continue to
wear my name tag Fred made.  I mention this because it looked so official
everyone was asking me where they could pick one up!  Nice job on the tags
Fred.  They sure beat the virtually unusable address labels provided by TRF.

Highlight of the weekend:  meeting Graham Robson and his graciously
agreeing to sign my copy of his book on the 2000/2500 line.  He also
obliged when I asked him to sign the inside of the trunk lid in paint marker!

Lowlight:  All the non-British cars competing in the hillclimb and
autocross events.  If these cars kept British car owners from competing due
to limits on the number of participants allowed, that's
unforgivable.  Porsches and Hondas come to mind.

All in all, a great time.  The weather could have been worse... think
sunny, 95 degrees and humid.  Hats off to Charles, Vernon and everyone
involved.  My wife and I are very glad we made it.

Now the shameless request for money.  Please sponsor me in the Michigan
British Reliability Run with a check to "Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan'
or use PayPal by using the link below.  We're trying to send kids with
bleeding disorders to summer camp next year by driving 800 miles in 36
hours around the lower peninsula of Michigan.

Cheers,
Blake

----
PLEASE SPONSOR ME!  Driving my British car to benefit Hemophilia
Foundation:  http://www.mibrr.com
Play the game: "Don't Crash the
Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph