WOW !!!!!!

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: WOW !!!!!!
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:10:21 -0400
Wow !!!  What a great time. I had a great time; it was so much fun and a
great pleasure meeting all the guys on the list. Although the weather
could have been better, I think it provided more time for everyone to
talk to each other a little longer, instead of the casual "hi how are
you"  I personally wish I could have spent more time with some of the
guys I correspond with. It was really neat to see guys like Chad Jester
and his son making some life long memories as they traveled from
Oklahoma.

I had the pleasure of spending four days with Randall Young and his
Father John Randall. Talking with John I can see where Randall acquires
his vast wealth of knowledge on so many topics.

There can't be enough said for Bob, Brent and Libby the guys in the shop
who spent hours and hours working on broken cars. Even when they were
worn out they continued to fix the broken. Hats off to Uncle Dave; who
handled all the different needs thrown at him and he continued to smile
through out the event.

I also had the opportunity to spend some time with John Kipping, former
owner of the John Kipping Company of England. This business is now known
as Canley Classics. John Kipping   conducted a seminar on Herald based
gearboxes. He shared with us his tips and techniques for rebuilding
these units. Using only a few tools he rebuilt two gearboxes and an
overdrive unit.

Effortlessly; describes the process he used to remove the dreaded cir
clip. For those who have tried to do this you know just how difficult
this can be. For some it may be the reason you decide to have it done
rather than to do it yourself.  Using two screwdrivers he shared with us
his fail safe method for removing it.

For me the highlight of the week was being able to spend some quality
time with my good friend Fred.

Ronnie