RE: TR 4 Radiator

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR 4 Radiator
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 17:21:27 -0400
I had CT 128## L  and it had the early style radiator  (With neck)
Same went for CT 157## L

I can't be sure either of them were original

On the other hand CT 255## L had the later "no neck" radiator.  (and the
later style steering rack mounts . .with rubber)

I can't say for sure that any were original . . .but I've swapped radiators
back and forth between the cars without any problems.

I don't put a whole heck of a lot of faith in Change X occurred strictly at
commission number Y during production.

Scott Tilton

        > Does anyone know when the switch was made from a short neck
        > radiator to a no
        > neck radiator on a TR4?

Piggott says the change was at CT9553
        > Is CTC17310 considered "early".?

Looking at Bill's production numbers, it looks like your car was made very
late in 1962.

Sorry, no help on the other questions.
Randall