New top comparison

To: "Listers" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New top comparison
From: "Peter Arakelian" <PeterAra@MSN.COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 17:43:57 -0700
Seal-send-time: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 17:43:57 -0700 FILETIME=[57E708F0:01C374D9]
I would highly recommend a sunfast or stayfast cloth top and tonneau.
I have both on my car, 1971 TR6.  The top for about 10 years and the tonneau
for probably 5-6 years.  They still look as good as new.  There is almost no
shrinkage - both stretch across and fasten easily, still.  I drive with half
tonneau almost year round.  Vinyl tonneaus will wear against themselves from
the constant rubbing of being rolled up behind the seat.  Cloth will not.  The
cloth looks fantastic!  Yes it's more expensive, but it lasts a lot longer is
is more trouble free.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver