GPS - Cool

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GPS - Cool
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:56:26 -0400
I've got a really good friend who bought a nifty little gadget.
It is meant for runners, and I suppose cyclists too.

It is a timex watch that communicates with a GPS receiver that is strapped
to your arm (or bike)

It measures speed, distance, lap time . .all that sorta stuff.

We hopped in the ole TR4 and motored down the road to check it out.

I was surprised.  My speedometer is actually pretty darn accurate between
about 40 MPH and 75 MPH.

I took a trip out to a little town west of here . . max speed according to
the watch was 82 MPH.
My speedo was a little more generous.

Anyway . . I thought it was pretty cool.  I'd have loved to of had that
thing on the trip back from the VTR convention in Colorado.
It'd be nice to see what my average speed for that day was.  We did over
1000 miles that day. Whew!
Or even just to see what it was in Kansas.

I suppose there are even more deluxe GPS handheld units with all sorts of
memories and maps and stuff in them.

I just might have to get me one of those.

Scott Tilton