Re: Ignition switch

To: Bill Bryant <bryant@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition switch
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:23:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
If you turn the key and the oil and generator lights come on and stay on
while you push the starter button, then the key switch is not at fault.
If they go on and off when you wiggle the key, then it is.

Otherwise, you could have a problem with the starter button or the
starter solenoid. You can checking the button by just jumping a wire
across the back. If it works, then the button is at fault, if it doesn't
then the solenoid is at fault.  The button on my TR3 is fairly simple
and open, you can probably fix it. I don't know about the solenoid, I
never tried.

--
George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph