Re: TR3 coolant recovery bottle

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 coolant recovery bottle
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:28:36 +0200
Tim wrote :

>   I'm not sure about Mikes plumbing.  All you need is a line
> from the radiator overflow to the bottom of the expansion tank.  The
> line needs to be a heavier weight than the usual flimsy overflow line
> and make sure you clamp it at both ends-remember it's under pressure
> as well.
Hi Tim ,
I entirely agree with all you wrote .
I should have added that the next stage is to cut off the long neck with the
filler
and just leave a small bleed pipe on top of the rad . The lower pipe from the
header tank to the heater return T-piece will also be for filling the circuit .

Cheers

Mikehttp://perso.wanadoo.fr/kitchener