Re: lever shocks

To: dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: lever shocks
From: "rstirb2@townisp.com" <rstirb2@townisp.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:02:51 -0400 FILETIME=[EBB95470:01C37A5B] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8E18U3B032296
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Don,
   When I did the frame-up on my TR6, I postponed the rear shock
replacement.  Even though I installed mild competition rear springs to
counter the "squat" problem, the car would still bottom out out on a bumpy
road with a passenger aboard.  My shocks were not leaking either.
   Last winter I replaced them with Apple Hydraulics -->Heavy Duty<--
rebuilt levers, and all is well.  Just something to consider.  NFI.

http://applehydraulics.com/

   Regards,   Rick   1973  TR6  CF257OU

re: I was going to have my TR250 rear lever shocks rebuilt as part of my
frame off restoration. I really didn't know if they needed it or not.
/snip