Re: TR4: how to remove windscreen glass?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4: how to remove windscreen glass?
From: don spence <dspence@oanet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:32:27 -0600
Make a tool. Two wooden dowels for handles. A length of wire or cord
(strong and small diameter). Tie/loop around one dowel. Cut a notch in
the seal (both sides ) so you can push the loose end of the wire
through. Attach to the other handle and with some dish wash liquid
sprayed along the seal. pull the wire along the seal while sawing back
and forth. This should liberate the glass from the seal.  Always work
with a partner. Helps to reach the hard to reach  parts and to catch
the glass.