Re: TR4: how to remove windscreen glass? - the answer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4: how to remove windscreen glass? - the answer
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:32:04 -0400
At 10:02 9/15/2003 -0400, I wrote:
>Listers,
>
>I need to remove the windscreen glass from my 64 TR4.  I've searched the
>archives but no joy.  Any tips on how to safely remove the glass?  I don't
>care about the seal, but would like to salvage the glass.

Tnx to everyone who replied.  The consensus was use a sharp utility knife
and cut away the seal.  One respondent, who knows me too well, said "Knives
and box cutters are really too risky.  You might slip and cut yourself.  I
think the best approach is with a BFH.  A sledge would be great."

I thought I'd read somewhere that one had to use a thin, strong wire to
slide past the seal- seemed like a hard way of doing it.   But when was the
last time I did anything the easy way?

Tnx again.

Jim

--