Re: TR4A Part Identification Help

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A Part Identification Help
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:40:45 -0500
> I've just gone through the process or remounting my TR4A body tub onto the
> frame, and have a couple spare parts I'm at a loss to identify.  I used
the
> mounting kit from Moss, which contained two black steel plates, 2" by 4",
> with a recess and hole in the center for a bolt to pass through.  I also
had
> these same parts, very rusty, in my bag of parts I removed.  However, I
can
> see no mention of where these are used in any of the catalogs or manuals
> that I have.

This is not to pick on Ben, but to point out that there is a lesson to be
learned here.  Tag it and bag it.  When you take a car apart, save all the
pieces in little baggies with notes what they are and where you found them.

I had the Europa apart for over a year.  I lost one part.  It was a tiny
piece of the clutch cable hardware that genius here must not have put back
together right away before bagging the cable.

I saved everything.  I saved bolts I knew I was going to replace (all of
them).  I saved two bolts from the rear gearbox mount even though the bolts
were too short.  The note in the bag said that I should buy bolts a
half-inch longer.

I am an astonishingly forgetful person.  If I don't take measures like this,
nothing will ever go back together again!

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com