TR4A Part Identification Help

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A Part Identification Help
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:40:38 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:17:07 -0500
From: "Ben Zwissler" <bzwissler1@insightbb.com>

I've just gone through the process or remounting my TR4A body tub onto the
frame, and have a couple spare parts I'm at a loss to identify.  I used the
mounting kit from Moss, which contained two black steel plates, 2" by 4",
with a recess and hole in the center for a bolt to pass through.  I also had
these same parts, very rusty, in my bag of parts I removed.  However, I can
see no mention of where these are used in any of the catalogs or manuals
that I have.

Surely someone knows what these are.  Help

Ben,

There is a single body attach point on both sides of the drivedhaft tunnel
about 9-10" rear of the front lip and just inboard of the inner rear seat track
mount bolts.  The plates (on my car) are used in this location...they only fit
in one direction.

Cheers

Mike Godley
65 TR4A