Re: The ultimate insult

To: pfullam@nycap.rr.com, jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: The ultimate insult
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:35:23 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/18/2003 8:20:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pfullam@nycap.rr.com writes:

> I was walking through a car show at the recent Zippo Vintage race
> weekend at Watins Glen. I  was looking at a beautifully restored Daimler
> SP-250 when two gents old enough to know better stopped by. One of them
> saw the name badge on the bonnet and said said to the other, "Hey, this
> was built by Chrysler".   SP-250s did have hemi V8s, but I'd bet they
> didn't know that either.

Perhaps a case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"? The only real
"connection" between the SP-250 and Chrysler that I know of is the fact that
Chrysler took a strong dislike to Daimler's use of the name "Dart" here in the
States, hence the car became known here as the SP-250.

Or maybe the fact that the SP-250 (which I always thought was pretty cool)
looks a bit like a DeSoto left in the sun too long? ;-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.