Re: The ultimate insult

To: Peter Fullam <pfullam@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: The ultimate insult
From: mporter@zianet.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:37:57 -0600
Cc: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Peter Fullam writes:

> I was walking through a car show at the recent Zippo Vintage race weekend
> at Watins Glen. I  was looking at a beautifully restored Daimler SP-250
> when two gents old enough to know better stopped by. One of them saw the
> name badge on the bonnet and said said to the other, "Hey, this was built
> by Chrysler".   SP-250s did have hemi V8s, but I'd bet they didn't know
> that either.

Hmmm, that merger must have happened a _lot_ earlier than we were told, huh?
*smile* And who knew that it was the British Daimler that was in the deal?

Curiously, the GT6 is almost always misidentified where I live. First,
someone asks, "what is it?" When I tell them, I invariably next hear, "oh, I
thought it was an old Porsche."

At least they recognize that it's "furrin'."

Cheers.