Re: captured nuts on chassis

To: mahutchinson@aceks.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: captured nuts on chassis
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:10:58 EDT
In a message dated 9/20/2003 2:25:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mahutchinson@aceks.com writes:

> Does anyone know of a source for the captured nuts that are welded into the
> chassis of my 6?  I have a few that need to be replaced before I have it
> sand
> blasted.  Just let me know.  Thanks in advance.

I'm not that familiar with the TR6, but maybe what you're looking for is the
"Rivnut"? See <http://www.bollhoff-rivnut.com/>. I first read about these in
the factory workshop manual for the Herald many, many years ago. Never had
occasion to try them. But, if they're still around 40+ years after that first
Herald manual was written, it must be a pretty good product, huh? :-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.