Re: rear valence

To: asalvato@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Re: rear valence
From: "rstirb2@townisp.com" <rstirb2@townisp.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:33:44 -0400 FILETIME=[5D5CF6C0:01C3821A] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8NLYRF8019073
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Al,
  Hold that spray can!
  I believe the correct color for the rear of a TR6 is not gloss black or
flat black but something in between - "matte black" AKA "semi-flat black".
  This was popular at the time.  Some U.S. muscle cars used matte black
accenting.  As you know, Triumph of North America added styling cues for
the domestic market.  Another was the wheel trim rings like the GM cars,
and also the TR6 block letter decals on the early cars- like the GTOs.
  Consider also that the tail of your car must have perfect bodywork to
look good with gloss black paint - it shows every imperfection.  I like the
matte black as it connects with the flat black on the rocker panels and the
tire sidewalls.
  Lastly, I worked for a college summer at a Triumph dealer in 1971, and if
memory serves me, these cars had matte black tails when the paint was brand
new.
  A paint shop that does muscle cars should be able to get a correct paint
for you.

-Regards,  Rick  1973  TR6  CF2570U

http://mail2web.com/ .