re: Worldcarz & Ebay tests=BAYES_01,USER_AGENT_MOZILLA_UA,USER_IN_WHITEL

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack >> 6 list" <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Worldcarz & Ebay tests=BAYES_01,USER_AGENT_MOZILLA_UA,USER_IN_WHITELIST version=2.55
From: Bob Greene <rgreene@whoi.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:35:15 -0400
Hi Fred & Carl:
    I read your comments about people changing there user names on ebay.
I do agree for the most part. In my case, (I just recently changed my
ebay user name). Years ago when I first signed up for ebay, as I filled
out the required info. Unknowingly I used my email address as my user name.
    A fellow club member (thanks KT) recently pointed out to me "you
ought to change your user name away from your email address, your easy
prey for a scam"
I let that go for a while until recently ebay sent me an email warning
of the same.
    Now because I show to have changed my user name. Sellers are wary of
my flagged new user name. The only good part of this new change. Ebay
has your previous "history" follow your new user name.
Carl: Your point about a person signing up a s "new" user, are right on!
    Just FYI
    Bob Greene
Cape Cod British Car Club  @
www.capecodbritishcarclub.org