Rasing a TR3A Top

To: "Ken Dahman" <KDahman01@earthlink.net>
Subject: Rasing a TR3A Top
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:05:46 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8QC7jF8010900
Message text written by "Ken Dahman"
>Raise the bows but leave the side mounted elbow hinges flexed,

Extend the top most bow and lock into place,

Leave the rear most bow folded (if you have the straps attached to the
body,
you can not do this).

Place the top on the frame and snap into place. Then, reach in and raise
the
elbow hinges on each side. Lastly, push the rear most bow down until it
seats into the seam above the rear window. I have never had a problem with
the rear bow sliding out of place.
<

Ken I do everything the same except I extent the rear bow (since I still
have the webbing to the car) and I find there is no difficulty erecting the
top.

And, of course, the BT7 guys got drenched because they had to fish the top
bows out of the trunk.  ;-)

Dave Massey