Re: Triumph Bicycles

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Triumph Bicycles
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:11:20 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, bbrewer@qnet.com
Message text written by INTERNET:ZoboHerald@aol.com
>So far, the blue one has been to three VTR Conventions: 1998, 1999 and
2002. That's more VTR Conventions than any one of my Triumph cars has seen.
:-)
<

Dave's retort:

> That's only because they are more reliable than your Triumph cars.
> ;-)
> Just kidding!
> Really!
> (Hi Andy)
> er...so long

Say good night, Dave!

Actually, that's not totally inaccurate. But it's not really a matter of
reliability. For a number of years (more than I care to admit to), the only
"running" Triumph car I had was actually a "dedicated" autocrosser, which I
didn't
tow from NY to WI but did tow from NY to Maine.

The Herald, which was DRIVEN from NY to Minnesota and back last summer, has
proven pretty reliable...as I expected.

As for my sister's (now mine) Triumph bicycle -- the one that went to all
those conventions, that also has proven very reliable. However, I was
distressed
to watch the one remaining original (from 1965) tire slowly disintegrate
during the 1998 VTR Convention. Good thing they didn't catch that during
"tech" or
I'd never have been able to autocross it. ;-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.