RE: "Decking" wet sleeve block

Subject: RE: "Decking" wet sleeve block
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:19:42 -0700
Cc: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Randall:  The sleeves are designed to protrude 3 to 5 thousands above the
> block surface,  Before you deck the block, measure the heighth of the
> sleeves.  If they are at 3,000th you could take 2,000th off the block and
> still be safe.

Bob, I either don't understand you, or I don't agree.  The .003" to .005"
protrusion is important, without it the head gasket will likely leak
compression.  BTDT.

> I recommend you remove the sleeves after dipping the block
> and replace your figure 8 gaskets.

I'm personally not a believer in dipping the block in the first place, but
if you do, I'd suggest removing the liners first so that their seat in the
block gets cleaned.

Randall