Re: New Year's Day

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Year's Day
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 17:57:33 -0500
On 1 Jan 2004 at 14:41, Lou Metelko wrote:

> Not every year that you can drive your TRs on January
> first so if you have a chance by all means don't pass
> up the opportunity.

I took the GT6 to work yesterday, used it today to take my sweetie
shopping at several malls.  (Hey, the Caravan developed a gas leak
and is in the shop, okay?)  I sat in the car and listened to football
games :-}.  I sure didn't want to go in, and she didn't want to leave
it unattended in the parking lots.  How could I argue with logic like
hers?

The surprising and purely modern thing about it is that so many
stores were open today.  We have truly been blessed with prosperity
and reasonable safety.  Oh, that everyone in the world could feel as
secure for their present and their future.

Finally, a footnote about PC'ing brake drums.  Umm, it wasn't me who
asked about it originally.  I just wondered about that 100 degree
threshold.  And I am quite aware that brakes can reach glowing
temperatures in hard-use (i.e. racing, usually) conditions.  But as
someone also pointed out, brake fluif will boil before then!  And
anyway, we were talking about drums on a TR3, not modern disks.
Tolerance to high temps is one reason disks are so much better!

Happy New Year, everyone.  Peace and prosperity.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com