TR3A Change Points

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Change Points
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 21:16:50 -0700
Randall Young wrote:

>Well, I've learned something new today.
>

>>FWIW -- TS 47905 L does not have the blanking panel.  Commission number
>>thought to be correct, in any case definitely a pre-60000 body.

Just saw TS 46298 L on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6469&item=2450164635
and it does have the blanking plate...  http://chip.montana.com/tr3/14.jpg

I'm going to keep an eye on this (what else do I have to do with my
time?) as it is pretty easy to spot on auction sites.  It may be an on &
off thing over a range of commission numbers rather than a definite
change point.

The other change point I have never been clear on is the use of the
3-color Blue/White/Black bonnet badge (the black is the "TR3" and the
bottom bar).  Moss only lists the red&black and blue&white... TRF does
list the blue/white/black stating 'exact application unknown'.  I've
seen a few of them over the years on cars in the TS 47xxx neighborhood.

Anyone know if there is a documented change point for these items.  Fred
-- I think your car falls between 46298 & 47905  -- does it have the
blanking plate on the firewall?

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ