Re: Oil Spill Cleanup Attempt #2

To: <MotoPsyche@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Spill Cleanup Attempt #2
From: "Robert Roberts" <rroberts47@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:09:19 -0800
Cc: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bill:  Apparently the flange is not sealing, place you sump upside down a a
level surface (I use a glass pane), use a feeler gauge and find a spot where
the .0500 (or more) penetrates the flange and run it along the surface until
it stops mark this interval and continue around to any other point where a
gap occurs and repeat until you reach your starting point.  I have found
that usually the caps will occur at opposite corners.  Straighten
accordingly.  Over torqueing bolts will cause gaps around bolt holes which
require leveling.  It is veryimportant to follow torque specs on sumps.
(eliminates leaks)--- Original Message -----