re: Speedometer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Speedometer
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:45:56 EST
Alan,
For a TR4 there were 16 different speedo's available - based on tire size,
axle ratio, and miles/kilometers, year, etc. Over the years it can be common to
have someone replace the original broken speedo with identical looking one but
with wrong gearing.
Ask someone with a TR4A Parts Catalogue to give you the correct 'speedo face
ID numbers' to verify you have right speedo for your: axle, tires, and CT#. I
would start there.
ps; nice looking restoration!
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

I have recently completed my 1965 TR4A restoration www.triumphtr4a.com and I
have a speedometer problem.
I believe my calibration is off, can anyone explain how to match the correct
speedo with the car?...
Alan