re: Speedometer II

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Speedometer II
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:00:03 EST
Alan,
The 'Moss International Parts Catalogue' is a great resource (much more
detailed than Moss USA catalogue). I looked up TR4/4A speedos and they list all
16
speedos by face number!
If you kept the tires as delivered (590x15) your speedo ID #s should read:
SN6325/01A  (740 turns)
If you find you have a different speedo number, want to know what you have,
or need to know which speedo works best with your current tire size, send info
to me and I'll look it up.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

I have recently completed my 1965 TR4A restoration www.triumphtr4a.com and I
have a speedometer problem.
I believe my calibration is off, can anyone explain how to match the correct
speedo with the car?...
Alan