Re: London, the end of January

To: <oliver@connect.net>, <Scott.Augustine@lexisnexis.com>
Subject: Re: London, the end of January
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 21:18:49 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Scott Augustine wrote:
> My wife and I will be spending the last week of January in London. We will
be
> staying in town without a car, just using the tube and buses to get to the
> museums and going on pub walks!

Oliver replied
be sure to visit the Triumph monument er memorial er tombstone in coventry

An oxymoron, surely? Coventry is about one and a half hours from London by
train - the railfare for which will probably be more than the airfare across
the Atlantic - yes, really!
And when you get there? A rather disappointing piece of tinware on dog urine
stained pile of bricks with even more doo for the unwary in the grass
alongside, on a noisy road near a video rental store.
London has FAR more to offer - Coventry has nothing but nothing at any time
and absolutely nothing in January. But it's your money if you choose to
spend it on our appalling railway system

Jonmac
(someone who knows Coventry and London very well)

---