Patriots Block

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Patriots Block
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:34:32 -0500
I see there's a bit of confusion how I plan to get the completely rebuilt
engine out of my cellar, when I huffed and puffed just carrying the block
alone down!

Good point, and thank you all for the concern.  Since I am originally from
California, I forget how alien the concept of a basement was to me when first
came to New Hampshire.

Getting out assembled will be easier, in a way, than lugging the block in.  In
the
spring, when the engine rebuild is complete, I'll wheel it (either on the
engine stand or
with a dolly) to the cellar bulkhead (which is currently blocked by firewood
and snow), wrap a chain around it, and use a hoist to walk it up some planks
and into the firewood trailer I tow behind my farm tractor.  Then I can haul
it to where the TR3A frame is waiting out in the front of the house.

I gave a of thought to doing the rebuild outside...I've done that before,
albeit in California.  But my cellar is cleaner, dryer, and warmer than I'm
likely to encounter til late New England spring.  This way I can get a jump
start on the drive train,
including getting the block painted before it begins to flash rust.  In early
spring, I'll be able to install the engine and tranny to a frame with a
rebuilt suspension, and begin right away with routing brake and gas lines and
other general mop up before the whole thing goes to a body shop.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond!  Since I do indeed have the
human capacity to be a total moron, and in fact take pride in having refined
that art to new lows, I do not in the least resent people saving me from
myself!  :-)

Terry