Living History

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Living History
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:27:40 -0000
Sorry for the bandwidth, but I thought it would make some smile.
For many enthusiasts, Standard-Triumph officially died nearly 25 years ago.
But some of it didn't - and in this respect I refer to those (like me) who
contributed to the Standard-Triumph Staff Pension Fund. It's still going,
just - and it won't be too long before I'm entitled to receive a lifetime
pension when hitting the ripe old age of 65.
query as to how much I can expect when I become "officially ga-ga." It's the
princely sum of GBP10.56 PER ANNUM (or somewhere in the region of US$19.64)
though I am comfortingly assured this is for life. Thank goodness I didn't
have high expectations of a financial nature!!!!!!
And then yesterday, I received a statement of the current state of the Fund.
Talk about bulging with assets - it's net value at the last year end was
GBP8292 ($15340)
Now I think I know how the company was able to meet all those US warranty
payments and out-of-court settlement costs. It raided the pension fund :)

Jonmac

---