Re: New TR6 Owner

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New TR6 Owner
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:48:55 -0700
jollycj@pacbell.net wrote:

>-          Conversion to SU Carbs, the Stroms need a rebuild and from
>what I've been able to gather the SU are an easy bolt on conversion
>that's easier to maintain.

Having both I'm not convinced that the ZS are any more trouble than
SUs... which is to say, no trouble at all.

>-          The commission plate has been removed, this was done by the
>California DMV according the previous owner and the body tags are gone
>as well.  I have the engine number, Gearbox number, and rear axle
>number.  Is there anyway for me to find out the original VIN for the
>car.

Go here to learn about BMIHT certificates:
http://www.heritage.org.uk/archive/trace.htm    They should be able to
get you a complete build record working from the engine number (assuming
it is the original engine).

I believe that in some states even a car with a salvage title can be
returned to it's original VIN/commission number under certain circumstances.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ