Information Quest . . (was extreme conditions)

To: "'Scott A. Roberts'" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Subject: Information Quest . . (was extreme conditions)
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:14:55 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I was telling this story to a co-worker here at lunch and then went looking
for a picture of a Herald to show him.

I was of course asked to defend several aspects of the car . .

Why so small a tank?  - -Well . they originally had TINY engines .. like
950cc or less.  They are small light cars.  Drive them slow and they get
great gas mileage.

Eventually I found a resource at:
http://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/by-id/378/

I started looking around motorbase a little more and it reminded me of an
information quest I've been curious about for a very long time.

I noticed that on the motorbase entries it sorted cars by engines. . .   and
for some of them, even gave statistics such as bore and stroke, etc.

Does anyone know of an online resource that lists statistics about
production cars?

For instance if one were looking for the bore and stroke of various
production engines across many manufactures and wanted to go to ONE site to
look it up.

I'd also love to see plenty of other technical stats .  . anything from
driveshaft length to  wheel bolt pattern and offset. . .but somehow I don't
thing I'm going to find it ALL in one place.

So if any of you have resources for looking up stuff on cars across many
makes and models . . .please do tell.

And by the way . .. . Thanks for the stories.

Scott Tilton
1970 TR6 Everyday