RE: Extreme Conditions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Extreme Conditions
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:01:37 -0700
Cc: "Randy Bauder" <randy@rlbauderco.com>
Listers,

I'm not sure if I can compete with the below mentioned "Extreme Conditions"
story but my brother and I did do a memorable trip in my '58 TR3 two years
ago to attend the All Triumph Drive-In held in Vancouver, BC.

In August of 2001 we drove from the San Francisco bay area to Portland,
Oregon on a Thursday, a 12 hour plus drive and then on Friday on to
Vancouver, BC, a 6 hour trip. We partied Friday night, attended the Saturday
AM car show, took tours of the greater Vancouver area, and partied again
Saturday night at the banquet where the TR3 was awarded 1st in Class!

As we were about to leave on Sunday morning, my brother informed me that he
had to be at work Monday morning! We proceeded to drive straight through to
the bay area with stops only for changing drivers, fuel, and meals, an
almost 20 hour marathon. With temperatures in the day at near 95 and below
40 at night through the Oregon/California mountains, it was to say the
least, an interesting trip!

We made it up and back with out a single problem from the TR3 at cruising
speeds of 60 to 75 through Washington and Oregon and 70 to 85 plus in
California and no tickets!

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Scottsdale, AZ