TR3 seat rebuilding

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 seat rebuilding
From: mbarre@juno.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 04:55:30 GMT
Cc: wallaces@superaje.com
Jim wrote:
Can someone recommend an improved material and/or method? Plywood
does have a tendency to decompose - after having first held on to moisture long
enough for the metal to rot out, of course.

I was preparing to replicate the plywood as many other have done when I
happened to be chatting with a fellow at an auto interior shop and he laughed
and tossed me a few feet of a flexible plastic tack strip.  He said he uses it
in many different applications.  I was easily moldable into the shape needed
and held staples well.  Unfortunately I don't have the slightest clue as to
brand name or technical description other than tack strip.

MRB