RE: (Rear) Spring Has Sprung

To: <MotoPsyche@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: (Rear) Spring Has Sprung
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:41:00 -0500
Bill:

In addition to Randall's comments, I basically destroyed the rubber to get
it off, cutting it with a saw in pieces.  I took the new bushing to a local
spring shop (in Harrisburg, PA there is a Stanley Spring outfit that does
everything from commercial to family cars) and let them do the hard work.
Cost was about $20.  I also dismantled my springs, painted them and then
greased them upon reassembly. Be sure to note that the passenger side (right
side) has an extra leaf to it.  Also, I found that using my bench vice was
the best way to reclamp the leafs.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6