Oil Filter head

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Filter head
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:22:18 -0800
Another question for the list - I would like to disassemble and bead
blast the oil filter head housing to clean it up before I put it back on
my new engine.  I am unsure of how to deal with the relief valve body,
however.  I want to remove it before blasting to ensure that nothing
ends up with glass on it in the oil system that I can't clean it out
adequately, but as I have never adjusted this when my car was running, I
am unsure if the current adjustment is correct.  Any thoughts from
anyone about this part?  It looks like it can be removed easily enough
without touching the adjustment screw?

TIA - again!  I am starting the long awaited reassembly of my '67 TR4A
(frame-up restoration), and certainly appreciate all the help and advice
coming from other list members.

Jeff Tedder
'66 & '67 TR4A