Re: clutch master cylinder

To: <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch master cylinder
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:44:28 -0700
Al, I dont have my car in front of me, but cant you loosen the fitting at the
flexible hose then pull the clutch master cylinder out with the pipe intact?
You might be able to move the whole thing forward and clear the servo.  Then
you could remove the pipe later after you remove the MC with the pipe.

John Lumia - 1976 TR6

Al wrote:>

I installed new diaphrams and needles in the carbs today, even fixed my
sticking linkage.
Now I'am  in the process or trying to install a new clutch master cylinder
on the 6
that arrived yesterday from TRF winter sale.
The problem is getting the pipe fitting loose.
Because of the brake servo, its almost impossible to get a wrench on the
pipe.
 Its been soaking in bolt blaster for awhile.
Is there a special wrench needed or , must I remove the brake servo  to get
wrench on this sucker; as it looks
like I'am going to have to do.