Dual exhaust vs. fuel line???

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dual exhaust vs. fuel line???
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:43:25 -0800
List,

As I am almost ready to put the body back on my '67 TR4A, I am putting
in my new Pacesetter Monza exhaust system.  My stock exhaust had one
pipe going back and one muffler, and where the pipe went through the
transmission tunnel, there was a bunch of what looked like wall
insulation jammed all around the pipe, presumably to quiet any rattle
than existed and to provide heat insulation.  Now, I am installing a
dual exhaust system with two pipes going through the transmission
tunnel, and I am wondering whether anyone that runs the dual exhaust (I
guess generally some TR4-TR6) did anything to the fuel or hydraulic
lines that run right along the path of the exhaust pipes, like put
header tape or other high-temp insulation on the smaller pipes?  I
emailed Pacesetter, and they said that the system is designed so that
the fuel lines shouldn't be affected.  Maybe they won't, but if you've
got a dual exhaust, I'd like to hear what you have to say before I
button the system up.

Thanks to all!

Jeff Tedder
'66 & '67 TR4A