RE: TR-6 Universal Joints

To: <>, <>
Subject: RE: TR-6 Universal Joints
From: "Joe Curry" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:13:56 -0700
-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 8:40 AM
Subject: TR-6 Universal Joints

      I just bought some universal joints from The Roadster Factory.
They supply a brand
labeled GMB made in Japan. They look and feel worthy of their  Japanese
maker, they even
have a grease nipple. Does anyone know what brands might be offered by
MOSS, Victoria
British, or Rimmers? Would autopart stores offer other brands?

I have bought GMB U-Joints from auto parts stores and found them to be
pretty well meda.  The only possible problem is that they seemed to be a
bit longer at the cups than necessary.  So they were a bit hard to fit.

But these were Spitfire joints and not specifically for the TR6.  So
those might be fine.  But in summary, I don't have any concerns about
the quality.