Re: removing steering wheel lock on 71 TR6

To: ralittle2@mindspring.com ("R. Ashford Little II"), dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: removing steering wheel lock on 71 TR6
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:51:11 -0400
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/6/2004 11:17:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ralittle2@mindspring.com writes:

> The previous owner of my car did just that, and I like it a lot.  It's a
> whole lot easier to get to, and would do it again in a heart-beat.

I'll concede that the location of the typical Triumph ignition lock isn't
ideal, but I rather like the extra five seconds' worth of anti-theft protection
it provides.**

--Andy Mace

**Any ne'er-do-well with the most basic auto electrical system knowledge could
hot wire a typical older Triumph ignition switch in about 2 seconds with a
paper clip -- much as I did when I first got my TR3A until the PO finally found
the key. :-)

Meanwhile, I know from experience, having done it several times out of
necessity on later Triumphs being scrapped, that it takes at least five seconds
to center a three-foot crow bar on the ignition lock and hit it with a
four-pound sledge hammer to break it free of the column....