Turn Signal Victory - 60 TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Turn Signal Victory - 60 TR3A
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:13:49 -0700
As a human factors engineer I just added one more datum to the big
stack of data they tells us our expectations drive how we interpret
problems & try to solve them.  After examining every known connection
in the left turn signal circuit (everyone knows this is number one
cause of LBC electrical gremlins). I noticed quite by accident that
when I turned on my parking lights the left front was very bright,
while the left front turn signal was dim.  So I took off the front
grill an found two after market plugs that appeared to be wired
correctly green to Green/red & red to red.  But just for the heck of
it I swapped the plugs & now everything works!

I assume that one of the POs had put in new after market light
sockets & apparently the after marker light socket maker used the
reverse color coding on their wiring!

I want to thank everyone for all their help & advice and to the many
people who sent me wiring diagrams.  But I must say the Dan Masters
version comes the closest to a current flow diagram and is much
easier to use than the traditional old LBC wiring diagrams.  Thank
you Jeffery!

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
Dept of Distance Education