Re: Trunnion Oilers

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trunnion Oilers
From: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 07:39:37 -0400
I am just finishing up the front-end rebuild on my TR6. I bought new
trunnions. When I went to install them, I followed the shop manual and
filled with oil which promptly leaked out of the trunnion. Oh no! I took a
look at the bottom and there is a hole machined in it. I called the supplier
and he said use axle grease. They never use oil any more. The hole is for
the grease to escape when you lube them. I've read elsewhere that they were
originally oiled because old formulations of grease used to harden.

Hugh Fader
72 TR6