Fuel saga continues

To: "'Triumphs'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel saga continues
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 10:46:25 -0400 from [4.12.36.162] at Sat, 1 May 2004 09:46:22 -0500
Several weeks ago I jumped on a thread about my TR3 having problems with
running.  It starts and runs fine, until it heats up a bit.  In colder
weather I have no problems.  Some folks pointed to the ignition/timing etc.,
but it appears that it is a fuel problem.  Took it out this morning and
everything was fine until I pushed it up a little to about 60 MPH.  Engine
did not respond to throttle and started to miss.  I backed off and it was
okay for a little while then it lost power and started to sputter like is
was starved for fuel.  I pulled over and looked at the fuel line going to
the fuel pump.  I had installed a clear filter just prior to the newly
rebuilt fuel pump.  I saw a lot of air bubbles coming from the tank side of
the fuel line.  After the engine idled a while the air bubbles ceased and
the car ran fine.  I nursed the car back home having to pull over and idle
for a while to keep the engine going.  Obviously I am sucking air or am
having an issue with heat starting to cause vapor lock.  I have no fuel
leaks so I don't think I have an issue with sucking air.  I've tried to
reposition the fuel line in the past, but the symptoms won't go away.  It
becomes an issue at higher speeds due to the fuel demand of the engine.  I
replaced the fuel lines many years ago but can't remember where I got the
material.  Is there  a special size line or wall size I should look for?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Pete