RE: TR2 OD model # ?

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR2 OD model # ?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 08:53:38 -0700
Randall wrote :

> Does anyone know for a fact the OD model # for the early TR2 ?
>
> Moss catalog says it's 1275, but there's one on eBay at the moment with a
> tag that clearly says 1257.

Thanks to all who replied ... it appears the Moss catalog is indeed dyslexic
!

On a related note, does anyone know what car a model 28/1307 A-type OD would
be from ?  The attached tranny has a cast-iron case, and is designed
"sideways" ... with the counter shaft beside the mainshaft rather than below
it.  Has two angled rear mounts, rather like a later TR6, but of course the
OD model # says it's a much earlier car, around 1954 or so maybe. Has the
numbers 021310 cast into the gearbox.  Also an aluminum tag that once had
numbers painted on it, but I can only make out the ghost of 2 or 3 digits.

Photos on request (if I can find my camera).

Randall