RE: cooling fan curious

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: cooling fan curious
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 14:37:36 -0700
> I'm planning on buying an electric cooling fan for the 6, and I
> was wondering which way to go.  Moss has a 14" kit(Hayden)
> w/pre-set thermostat(on at 185, off at 170) for $149,

Seems a bit on the small side, I'm running a 16" Hayden on my TR3A.

Bit much too, that's all I paid for a 16" DeRale and an adjustable
relay/thermostat at the local parts house last year (for my Stag).  IMO the
relay is a must if you want the fan shut off by the ignition switch.
Otherwise, you're not only in danger of burning up the switch but the engine
will continue to run for several seconds after you shut off the key, if the
fan is running at the time.  The fan motor will act as a generator while the
fan spins down.

Randall